Data Protection and Intellectual Property
Personal data and Intellectual property represent tangible assets to protect in the Information Society. The key to taking full advantage of new opportunities and developing more efficient and profitable work dynamics and relationships is continuous innovation followed by constant compliance with the law.
Our goal is to provide clients with these necessary instruments offering the flexibility that comes with experience. Our understanding of the client’s needs comes from our longstanding expertise in advising national and international clients of all sizes that operate in different business fields.
Our specialised professionals periodically conduct and participate in studies, research and conferences on new legal developments and trends on Intellectual Property Rights, Information Technology and Data Protection. Thanks to that and our consolidated methods, we can provide our clients with tailor-made solutions with the least impact on the work processes and always in step with the time.
Our range of services on Data protection includes:
- Comprehensive assistance about Data Protection and Data Security Compliance, also in a cross-border perspective and with New Technologies, such as:
- Advice and road-maps for achieving GDPR compliance
- Preparation and revision of compliance documentation (information on data protection; joint controllers’ agreement; data processing agreements, etc.)
- Revision/preparation of Risk Analysis and DPIA
- Assistance in preventing and managing data security incidents
- Assistance and solutions about IT topics like encryption, data backup, logging, UserID operations, and non-IT ones like physical security and document lifecycle
- Management of requests from the data subjects
- Solutions for international data transfer
- Prior consultation, communications and complaint with the Supervisory Authorities
- Training activities to the Companies' personnel
- Activities as Data Protection Officer
Our range of services on Intellectual Property includes:
- Comprehensive assistance with Patent, Design, Trademark and Passing Off, Know-How, Copyright, Unfair Competition, Advertising, such as:
- Litigation and transactional service
- Anti-counterfeiting and piracy activities
- Custom surveillance in Italy and the EU Community
- Filing procedures assistance
- Estimate of IP portfolios (IP law support for M&As)
- IP agreements